**Shift times and days may vary. Flexibility at regularly scheduled shift or other shifts is a must.
Receive emergency 911 data and non-emergency calls from private citizens, hospitals, and extended care facilities. Collect and input all necessary call/transport information into a CAD system. Contact, dispatch, track, and have ongoing communication with ambulance crews responding to calls by way of radio, telephone, and computer software. Quickly locate physical locations with mapping software to aid in the response of ambulances. Time planning, scheduling, coordinating of pre-scheduled ambulance transports in Albuquerque and outlying service areas (Las Vegas NM, Santa Fe and Roswell), as well as 911 data entry for (Las Vegas, San Miguel County, Village of Pecos, Pecos-San Miguel County, Torrance County and Roswell).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time and speak clearly over the phone and radio.
Responsibilities and Duties: (include but are not limited too)
- Dispatch EMT’s and Paramedics to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications or medical needs.
- Relay patient condition, pickup and drop off locations, necessary equipment and isolation precautions to and from the ambulance crews.
- Scheduling of ambulance runs (emergent and non-emergent)
- Monitor personnel and or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Enter information and time/date stamp into electronic dispatching system
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials or personnel required according to specific transport.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and other hazards.
- Support timely and efficient movement of ambulances according to system status management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- All candidates must be willing to attend classes/courses as necessary to obtain and maintain EMD certifications.
- Ability to professionally and politely communicate with callers of all types.
- Must be proficient with the use of computers, computer software and typing.
- All candidates must be willing to take and pass a typing test to demonstrate 35 wpm typing speed.
- All candidates must be familiar with Albuquerque metro, surrounding areas and to be able to locate on a NM State map (Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Pecos, Espanola, Taos, Gallup, Grants, Silver City, Las Cruces and T or C)
- High School diploma or GED
- Customer service skills
- Medical background is a plus
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training ($9.20 / hour)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10 / hour (Salary based on experience/current certification level)