Emergency Vehicle Operator (EVO)
Superior Ambulance Service is seeking EVO / Drivers / Emergency vehicle Operators. Positions are available in our Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos operational areas.
- The employee is responsible for upkeep and safe operation of the ambulance while following the policies and procedures of Superior Ambulance Services
- Adheres to universal precautions while, performing medical service duties.
- Assists with lifting, moving and loading patient(s) into ambulance.
- Ambulance Maintenance
- Performs vehicle inspections and notifies shop mechanic of any vehicle maintenance needs.
- Cleans and washes vehicle at the beginning of shifts and as needed throughout the shift.
- Checks to ensure truck is stocked with needed supplies.
- Complete any daily operations related tasks named by supervisor or managers.
- Accurate completion of all required paper work.
- Follows all HIPAA Guidelines.
- Reports promptly any safety hazards to the supervisor
- Reports promptly any SAS property damages to the supervisor.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are read and understood and adheres to the company’s policies and procedures
- Conducts duties in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with patients, co-workers, management, vendors, members of the community, and outside agencies such as; fire departments, police departments, and hospitals.
- Ensures all current applicable certifications, licensure, and required documentation are current and on file
- Meets housekeeping requirements.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- General knowledge of use and operation of required equipment
- Must pass and maintain a DOT physical
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to operate electronic equipment such as personal computers, two way radios, etc…
- Knowledge of basic ambulance operations
- Ability to work with the general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid EVOC certification
- Possess and maintains CPR for Healthcare Professional Levels
Apply online using the link below, or in person at 7600 La Morada Pl NW, ABQ, NM 87120 (Unser, 1 block north of Ladera).
Please be prepared to submit:
- 2 Forms of Identification (Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport, Birth Certificate)